Congregation Sha'aray Shalom offers various adult education offerings. Participate in courses, view featured films, attend speaker presentations and performances, and join others in a book discussion. There is something for everyone.
Adult Education Offerings 2012-2013
- Criminal Kabbalah (Mondays at 7:30 p.m., on June 25, July 9, July16 or Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., on June 26, July 10, July 17). Taught by Rabbi Joseph.
- Brush Up Your Hebrew (Mondays at 6:30 p.m., on June 25, July 9, July 16.) Taught by Rabbi Joseph.
- Learn Trope (Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m., on June 26, July 10, July 17.) Taught by Rabbi Joseph.
- Moses and the Journey to Leadership: Timeless Lessons of Effective Management from the Bible and Today's Leaders. (Dates in Boston TBA.) Taught by Cantor Weiss.
- Interfaith Study of the New Testament in Light of the Jewish Bible (Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m., on Oct. 17, 24, Nov. 7, 14, 28 and Dec. 6.) Taught at St. John's Episcopal Church by Rabbi Joseph, Rev. Paul Sprecher, and Mother Anne Emry, with a concluding lecture by Dr. Joel Hoffman.
- Year of the Torah. Scribe Rabbi Druin will "unpack" and repair our Holocaust Torah. (Sundays from 9 – 1 p.m., on Sept. 23, Oct. 21, Dec. 9)
- Torah 101 (Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 30 and Dec. 11) Co-taught by Rabbi Joseph & Cantor Weiss.
- Taste of Judaism (Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 29, Feb. 5, Feb. 12) Co-taught by Rabbi Joseph & Cantor Weiss.
- Food For Thought, a course taught by chef Sherry Westelman and Rabbi Joseph that will include the following:
- Breaking Bread, on Sunday, Oct. 28, at 4 p.m.The Sacred Table: Jewish Food Ethics, taught by Rabbi Mary Zamore on Saturday, Nov. 17, at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 18, at 9 a.m.
- The Magic of Oils, on Sunday, December 16, at 4 p.m.
- Spices of the Bible, on Sunday, Jan. 27, at 4 p.m.
- Let's Celebrate: An Evening of Food, Wine & Music, on Saturday, March 16, at 7 p.m.
- Please click here for a downloadable flyer:
- Click Here to Register and Pay Online
Please call the Temple or consult your Bulletin for more information on each film.
- Friday, July 13, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 24, at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 5, at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 3, at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, April 14, at 4 p.m.
- The Chosen, by Chaim Potok. Wednesday, Oct. 10, at 7:30 p.m., led by Penny Alschuler, in preparation for seeing the play in November.
- Wherever You Go, by Joan Leegant. Tuesday, April 23, at 7:30 p.m., led by Penny Alschuler.
- The Chosen (Lyric Stage Theatre), on Sunday, Nov. 11, at 3 p.m.